A glitch allowing you to get an infinite supply of high powered motors has been removed with Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.18 released. And there are a wide range of other issues and improvements, including a problem with gear ratio settings changing every time you opened them, steering angles not always working properly on some cars if you’re using a Logitech G923, and save data sometimes not loading properly.
The main fix is for the engine swap exploit. Since the Gran Turismo 7 update 1.17 added new cars and Watkins Glen in June, it’s been possible to quit out of the game after unlocking an engine via the Roulette Ticket system. If you did this after the relevant history lesson began, and then went back, the gifting process would start again. Meaning you could unlock an infinite supply of these high power engines which could then be fitted to specific road cars.
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.18 Release Notes:
- Fixed an issue wherein after changing to a specific gear ratio, the adjustable range and set value of the gear ratio would change each time the settings were opened.
- Fixed an issue wherein the game would crash if the Honda Sports VGT was the camera target in Music Replay.
- Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers could not be changed if body paint was applied to a car equipped with the following tuning parts in the [Livery Editor]:
Racing Brake Kit (Slotted Discs)
Racing Brake Kit (Drilled Discs)
Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit
- Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers would change when body paint was applied to the following cars in the [Livery Editor]:
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo
Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo
Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND
Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
- Fixed an issue wherein the save data would not load correctly from the server if playing on a console with no ‘Gran Turismo 7’ save data stored on it, or if multiple consoles were used.
- Fixed an issue wherein the steering angle would not reflect the player’s inputs on some cars when using the Logitech G923.
- Fixed an issue wherein it was possible to receive multiple Tickets repeatedly from Extra Menus.
- Fixed an issue wherein the label above a car would not display correctly in a Circuit Experience replay.
- Fixed an issue wherein the race would start with the Replay Camera when starting an offline race after spectating in a Lobby.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Keep up all the latest news on Gran Turismo 7 or check out the latest reveals in our Gran Turismo 7 car list and the Gran Turismo 7 track list. You can obviously buy Gran Turismo 7 from the PlayStation Store or pick up physical copies from retailers including Game and Amazon.