There are some relatively minor changes with iRacing 2022 Season 3 Patch 4 released, although the NASCAR Next Gen cars get updated aerodynamics packages, and the track surface parameters havebeen adjusted at Darlington Raceway.
Those are the most notable changes, but there is a reminder that iSchedule is now being deprecated, and you should use the new iRacing Companion App to manage your race schedule on your phone.
Obviously you don’t really want major updates to cars mid-season, so it’s not a bad thing that iRacing have made improvements to the user interface rather than radically changing the balance of performance in current series.
iRacing 2022 Season 3 Patch 4 Release Notes:
- Fixed an issue in Recent Results where the bottoms of the Car and Track text was being clipped.
- Resolved an issue where the Hosted League Session modal would display an error if it was open when the session advanced from the “Pending” state to the “Launched” state.
- Multiclass AI Season Session Results now properly display championship points based on car classes.
- Character limits and informative errors have been added to League info boxes during initial creation and editing.
- Fixed an issue where column headers could become misaligned with the correct columns when resizing the screen.
- The tooltip profile of the last place finisher is no longer cut off. The “See Full Profile” button is always reachable.
- The Race Results page now also shows class finishing positions for all multiclass sessions.
- The tooltip in the Friends List for the Steering Wheel icon now opens to the left instead of up. This way, long session names are no longer cut-off.
iRacing Companion App
- With the start of iRacing 2022 Season 4, iSchedule will begin to be deprecated.
- – – After the Season 4 release, iSchedule will occasionally notify users who still use it to migrate to the new iRacing Companion App.
- – – After the 2023 Season 1 release, iSchedule will display an error message when launched asking any users still using it to migrate to the new iRacing Companion App.
- – – Download the iRacing Companion App directly from your device’s app store, here:
- – – – – Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iracing.companion
- – – – – Apple Store: https://apps.apple.com/en/app/iracing-companion/id1620903126
- Fixed an issue with setups that could occur when the minimum and maximum values of an allowable range were very close. When attempting to set a value above the maximum allowable value (or just below), it would set the value to the minimum value instead.
<Car Class> NASCAR Next Gen Cars
- (ALL) – Aerodynamics packages have been updated.
- Track surface parameters have been adjusted slightly.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- (Road Course) – The oval outer catch fence position has been adjusted, and the brake markers and caution lights have been updated to fit the new positions.
You can sign up to iRacing, here (and credit your referral to ORD, which we’d appreciate!). And see all vehicles included in your basic subscription, or what you can access by paying more, in our full official iRacing car list, here. Or check out all of the included circuits, and the others you can buy, in our full official iRacing track list, here. And keep up with all the latest iRacing news, updates and eSports, here.