Rainbow Studios continue to push out improvements as a regular rate, with MX vs ATV Legends Update V1.09 released across all platforms around a month after the previous patch. And supporting their aim of long-term development (and revenue for parent company Embracer Group), the third set of improvements include tha ability to create Custom Online Events while in a Squad Compound.
It also updates the High Point and Washougal tracks for 2022 Pro Motocross, increases the suspension capabilities for ATVs, and fixes two achievements which weren’t unlocking as planned.
The release of the update is accompanied by news of future work, including new customisation options for players with graphics kits, gear and parts, along with new animation states for riders to allow a full spectrum of more realistic movement and behaviour. And the long-term focus is reinforced by a specific mention that “As more and more games become online based, we don’t want motocross fans to be left in the dust, so new features and enhancements to the online experience will continue to roll out”.
The next additions to the 2022 Track Pass will focus primarily on Supercross environments, followed by a large Pro Rider Compound.
MX vs ATV Legends Update V1.09 Release Notes:
- Added the ability to create Custom Online Events while in a Squad Compound
- Added a timer to the Results screen Online
- Increased ATV suspension capabilities
- Updated High Point and Washougal tracks for 2022 Pro Motocross
- Fixed bug causing Control Settings to be reset
- Fix for “To the Max” and “Factory Mechanic” achievements failing to unlock
- Many bug fixes, visual quality improvements, and AI improvements
- Animation: Smoothed out stutters in rider animations when reversing and leaning
- Physics: Increased ATV suspension capabilities to reduce bottoming out erroneously and improve handling in cambered turns
- AI: Improvements to AI track navigation across all tracks, especially ATV and UTV AI
- AI: Major improvement to ATV AI driving behaviors, especially when taking turns and changing race lines
- Environment: Improved performance and frame stability on Madison County tracks (Pine Hill, North Pond, Coffee Hill)
- Environment: Addressed numerous small bugs in terrain shaping, asset placement, collision, etc.
- DLC: Updated track layouts in 2022 High Point and 2022 Washougal
- DLC: Improved AI in 2022 High Point and 2022 Washougal
- DLC: Minor performance improvements in 2022 Pro Motocross tracks
- Online: Reduced wait time at start gate during Online races
- Online: Added a timer and the name of the next event to race results during Online races
- Online: Made intro cinematics unskippable during Online races; plan to remove intro cinematics entirely in a future update
- Online: Fix to reduce instances of incorrect results in Online races
- Online: Added Custom Events to Online Squad Compound to allow players to play in every event type with friends Online
- UI: Increased size of Position and Laps in the Race HUD
- UI: Increased visibility of Holeshot, Final Lap, and Finish announcements in the Race HUD
- UI: Fix to reduce instances of HUD going missing when transitioning to Lobby/Freeride
- Audio: Updated 450F engine sounds
- Audio: Slight adjustments to 250F engine sounds
- Audio: Slight adjustments to 250 two-stroke engine sounds
- Audio: General improvements to the consistency and quality of driving surface sound effects
- Misc: Fixes for bad reset positions and inconsistent track bounds across all races
- Misc: Fixed bug causing Control Settings to be reset
- Misc: Reduced max FOV for Custom Camera; added settings option to disable FOV reduction
- Misc: Improved quality and playback of career cinematics
- Many other smaller bugfixes not called out above
You can buy MX vs ATV Legends for the PC via Steam, for the PS4 and PS5 via the PlayStation Store or the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S via the Microsoft Store. Or you can pick up physical copies of the title via Game or Amazon.
Keep up with the latest MX vs ATV Legends news, updates and more, here.