Following on from changes to tyre wear in the last major update, we’ve now seen the fairly small Gran Turismo 7 Update V1.21 released to fix a specific issue created by the tweaks.
With tyres becoming worn more quickly (but used tyres retaining more grip than before) it created a particular issue with players trying to complete the Bathurst Gr.3 Battle Mission within ‘The Sun Also Rises’ group. Polyphony Digital obviously realised this made the challenge too great, and have now fixed the issue for that particular event.
The other fix included was to solve the game locking up if you tried fast-forwarding during the playback of some licence demonstration videos.
Gran Turismo 7 Update V1.21 Release Notes:
- Fixed an issue wherein the tire wear speed was too fast and made it difficult to clear “Bathurst Gr.3 Battle” in [Missions] > [The Sun Also Rises].
- Fixed an issue wherein gameplay could no longer be progressed after fast-forwarding to the next lap during playback of some of the license demonstration videos.
Also updated at the start of the month was the publis list of known issues with Gran Turismo 7, which Polyphony Digital plan to solve in future updates. Most of these are issues with multiplayer lobbies, although there’s a particularly odd and specific problem if you stop your car on the Barcelona rallycross course and then pause the game. So don’t do that until the issue has been resolved!
Gran Turismo 7 Known Issues September 1st, 2022
Sport & Lobby
- When doing Free Practices on the ‘Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rally Cross Layout,’ stopping the car by using the handbrake and then pausing the game with the controller’s ‘options’ button, the car will not move afterwards. This issue can be fixed by selecting ‘Exit’ from the pause menu and re-entering the track.
- Changing the muffler from the ‘Intake & Exhaust’ category in ‘Garage’ > ‘Car Settings’ may cause the muffler on the car to disappear. If this issue occurs, it can be resolved by re-entering the ‘Garage.’
- In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where ‘Preparing’ is displayed on screen but the Host cannot start the race. Having all room members leave and re-entering the room will allow the race to be started;
- In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where entering the track in Practice does not let you drive and skip directly to the Final Race. In this case, please try to leave and re-enter the room;
- In a ‘2P Split Screen’ race, the Assist Settings for Player 2 are locked. We plan to fix this in a future update. (Player 1 will use the same Assist Settings as defined in [Settings] > [Assist Settings]);
- In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where players in the same room do not appear on the member list or during the race. In this case, an application error will occur when the host starts the race;
- In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases wherein completing a race would not let users progress further.
- There have been cases wherein the App hangs during the loading screen at start-up, and rare cases wherein the App crashes when entering certain race events. Deleting and re-installing ‘Gran Turismo 7’ might fix those issues. Please note that any Replays, Scapes Photos, and Race Photos that have not been shared in ‘Showcase’ will be lost after uninstalling the game. (Only Replays up to 200MB in size can be shared.)
Keep up all the latest news on Gran Turismo 7 or check out the latest reveals in our Gran Turismo 7 car list and the Gran Turismo 7 track list. You can obviously buy Gran Turismo 7 from the PlayStation Store or pick up physical copies from retailers including Game and Amazon.