The biggest fix deployed with iRacing 2022 Season 4 Patch 2 released is a solution for a glitch on oval short track restarts. The issue notably appeared during the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series playoff race at Bristol Motor Speedway, and also led to the discovery of another issue at the circuit with incorrect penalties for entering a closed pit.
But the Patch also includes updates for the Touring Car class to increase the brake bias adjustment range and add new basic setups, changes to the New Damage Model for the Skip Barber Formula 2000, and there are minor tweaks to tracks including Road Atlanta, Daytona International Speedway (2008), and Road Atlanta, along with the removal of a ‘landmine’ from the apex of Turn 4 at Sonoma, which I’m sure I’ve encountered at least a couple of times.
iRacing 2022 Season 4 Patch 2 Release Notes:
- At small tracks with very slow pace speeds the calculated green flag zone has been extended further back from the Start/Finish Line, leaving more time for race systems to calculate correctly.
- – – This reduces the likelihood of triggering issues that could arise when the calculated green flag zone was only immediately adjacent to the Start/Finish Line, meaning that sometimes on restarts the leader could have crossed the S/F Line prior to the green flag, which could cause problems with scoring of laps, especially with the “Do Not Count Caution Laps” option enabled.
- Fixed an issue with AI aggression where sudden and large steering inputs could occur when two or more AI Drivers were side-by-side on Road Courses.
- Fixed an error with some AI Drivers ability to estimate fuel consumption.
- For the Low Frequency Effects system, fixed an issue that could cause the full engine explosion LFE effect to trigger when any car engine exploded, not just the player.
- Fixed an issue where the auto pit speed limiter was not disabling correctly during parade laps.
- The auto pit speed limiter is now considered active during Test Sessions.
- A new Mark Mode has been enabled that turns the camera into a measurement device.
- – – Position the camera at the start of your measurement, hit Mark, and move to the end of your measurement and read out the X/Y/Z or direct distance (D) the camera moved.
- Several updates have been completed to the Official iRacing Sporting Code, including:
- – – Information about TTRating has been added.
- – – Language has been added informing users that they need to be prepared to submit evidence with every protest.
- – – Adjusted information location and details about “Tanking” behavior for clarity.
<Car Class> Touring Cars
- Brake bias adjustment range has been updated.
- iRacing setups have been updated.
Audi 90 GTO
- Fixed an issue with a duplicate car number on the hood for paint pattern #1.
- Fixed an issue where some headlight bulbs could go missing.
Honda Civic Type R
- The units used to measure oil pressure on the dashboard have been updated from decibar to bar.
- iRacing setups have been updated.
Porsche Mission R
- Brake Bias is now adjustable in the garage to the same degree in which it is adjustable in-car.
Skip Barber Formula 2000
- For the New Damage Model, yield and break limits have been reduced for wheels and some body panels.
- For the New Damage Model, tire tread and sidewall properties have been independently updated.
Bristol Motor Speedway
- Fixed an issue where cars in position 24 at this track can sometimes get black flagged for entering closed pits when leaving the pits for parade laps.
Circuit Park Zandvoort
- Fixed a bad pit-out merge checkpoint.
Daytona International Speedway
- (2008 Configs) – Fixed an issue with some terrain pieces poking through environment objects.
Lucas Oil Speedway
- Patched a seam in pitlane.
- Patched a seam in the grass near the short course exit.
- Removed some snagging monsters from gravel traps.
- Functionality has been added to the caution lights.
- Removed a landmine from the apex of Turn 4.
You can sign up to iRacing, here (and credit your referral to ORD, which we’d appreciate!). And see all vehicles included in your basic subscription, or what you can access by paying more, in our full official iRacing car list, here. Or check out all of the included circuits, and the others you can buy, in our full official iRacing track list, here. And keep up with all the latest iRacing news, updates and eSports, here.
Leave a Reply