There’s not a huge amount coming to the Codemasters game with the latest F1 22 Patch 1.17 released for all platforms. But there are general stability improvements, along with fixes for issues including less than 20 drivers taking part in Career mode seasons, and blank crossplay friends lists when you should be able to see all the gamers you’re connected with.
PC racers with AMD graphics cards may also benefit from AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.2. support, which should bring better framerates at high resolution, even with ray tracing enabled or in VR. The technology first appeared in racing titles with Forza Horizon 5, and is also available in Need for Speed Unbound.
And there’s an update to the driver number and front wheel arches of George Russell’s Mercedes-AMG Petronas, for the most eagle-eyed detail fans.
Obviously, the rate and size and updates may start to drop for F1 22 as the next game in the series, F1 23, is likely to appear around late June or early in July. It’ll be the 15th consecutive annual yearly update by Codemasters since 2009 (there was a break between F1 2002 and F1 2009, as it’ll be their 18th F1 title and their 21st including management titles and spin-offs like the F1 Race Stars kart game)
F1 22 Patch 1.17 Release Notes:
- Fixed an issue which could lead to there being fewer than 20 drivers in a season in Career modes
- Fixed an issue in MyTeam where, in Quick Practice, there would be no simulation of wear to the Power Unit
- Updated the colour of George Russell’s front wheel arches and driver number
- Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.2
- Fixed an issue where, in some instances, crossplay friends list will be blank despite having friends
- Fixed a crash when selecting ‘Finish Season’ in Real Season Start
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
You can buy F1 22 for the PC on Steam, the Epic Games Store, and Origin. Or via the Microsoft Store for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S and the PlayStation Store for the PS4 and PS5. Physical copies are available from Game or Amazon.
Keep up with all the latest F1 22 news, updates, DLC and more, here. And you can find all the cars in the game, including supercars for the first time, in the full F1 22 Car List, here.