Tweaks, improvements, new stickers and a big truck arrive with both SnowRunner Update 23.0 and Mastodon DLC released.
The ZikZ 612H “Mastodon” is a super-large truck with three built-in trailer slots, a long frame and massive tyres. It’s a futher evolution of the ZikZ 605R, fictionally created from the MAZ-7310 Soviet artillery truck, with all-wheel-drive to the eight 61″ chained tyres. To get anywhere, you’ll need the 500 litre fuel tank, and it also features an always-on diff lock. You’ll just need to be aware that the width and length of the Mastodon can cause problems.
The Mastadon DLC pack is available for around £3.29 depending on your platform, and isn’t included in the Year 1-3 Season Passes.
Also arriving with the patch are a collection of 14 Warhammer 40,000 stickers for the exterior of your trucks. Which might seem a slightly odd cross-promotion, but developers Saber Interactive are about to release Space Marine 2. And they’re free, so you can choose to display your love of the tabletop wargame or just ignore them as you wish.
There are also a range of new improvements, with SnowRunner Patch 23.0 available for the PC.
SnowRunner Patch 23.0 Release Notes:
- [DLC] New trucks: ZikZ 612H “Mastodon”
- Warhammer exterior stickers
Ontario region fixes:
- Fixed a bug where the camera was centered on the “Warehouse” active zone, even if the necessary cargo was missing on the “Ontario” region
- Fixed a bug where the “Resupply Zone” reward remained locked upon completing the “Help the Villagers 2” task in the Burned Forest map, Ontario region
- Fixed a bug where both water trailers didn’t have cargo type icon and capacity in the ‘Trailer Store’ menu
- Fixed a bug where the user could be soft locked if removed the “Oversized cargo” during the contract “Delivery from The Quarry” in “Burned forest” from Ontario region
- Fixed a bug where accepting the “Awkward Situation” task, activated the “Abandoned Trailer” task in Burned Forest map, Ontario region
- Fixed a bug where all nearby water tanks were highlighted if player’s water tank had less than 50% water in it on PC
- Fixed a bug where the amount of water was not converting properly for the imperial system in the HUD and contract’s description
- Fixed a bug where the water towers didn’t transfuse water if the measurement system was set to imperial
- Fixed a bug where the “Hummer H2” truck was spawned in the terrain on the Albany River map, Ontario region
- Fixed a bug where incorrect orientation of the cabin cargo occurred, when using the manual loading function at the Plant location on The Albany River map, Ontario region
- Fixed a bug where the cargo was displayed in the game before using the “Metal Detector Module” addon while completing the “Something, somewhere…” task on the “Burned Forest” level, Ontario on PC
- Fixed a bug where after pressing the “A” button in the water loading zone during coop session, the UI started to fill up and flickered endlessly
- Fixed a bug where desynchronization the amount of water for the “Water Carrier Trailer” and “Heavy Water Carrier Trailer” in the coop session occurred
- Fixed a bug where the “Water Management” active zones were not displayed on the minimap of the “Ontario” region
- Fixed a bug where the displaying amount of fuel went beyond the fuel tanks boundaries of the “Truck Repair Supplies” upgrade for the “Derry Special 15C-177” truck
New Game Plus (NGP):
- Fixed a bug where the 5000 money was not given to the Player when starting a new game in usual mode on PC
- Fixed a bug where fuel trailers/add-ons were sold prefilled with garage refueling disabled on PC
- Fixed a bug where the “Unavailable after scoring less than Gold” remained as the active option for other NGP sessions created after on PC
- Fixed a bug where weather conditions were missing if the “Day Only” parameter of the “Time Settings” rule was selected on PC
- Fixed a bug where different trucks became available for purchase when changing filters of the “Truck Store” menu with the selected “5 to 15 trucks sold in each garage” rule on PC
- Fixed a bug where there was no reward in money for the completing of the contract/task/contest when the “Random between 50% and 300%” parameter was enabled on PC
- Fixed a bug where HUD element about cargo capacity remained after moving through the minimap to and from the garage
- Fixed a bug where the icon of the “MSH II” upgrade was missing in the “Upgrade Obtained” pop-up window on the “Heartlands” level, Belozersk
- Fixed a bug where the user was able to sell fuel at the fuel station
- Fixed a bug where game didn’t exit and became partially locked when player exits the game on PC
- Fixed a bug where there was no “cost of recovery as in the Hard Mode” parameter in the “Truck recovery rules”
- Fixed a bug where the “Hood Ornaments” upgrades were shifted forward beyond the hood after taking damage to the front of the truck
- Fixed a bug where the hooks of the “Light Cage” front bumper for the “ZikZ 566A” truck stuck in the wall after the collision with it
- Fixed a bug where truck name was shown when transfusing water instead of water tank name
- Fixed a bug where pricing rules were not applied to addons with custom prices (on mod maps)
- Fixed a bug where crash encountered when loading the Main Menu after pressing the ‘Enter’ button on PC
- Fixed a bug where incorrect orientation of the oversized cargo occurred, when using manual loading at the Quarry Warehouse
- Fixed crash when exiting a co-op game session
- Improved shadows from plants
- Performance optimizations
- Improved emissive quality
- Memory optimization for for consoles
- Various collision fixes
- Various render fixes
- Localization fixes
- Fixed a bug where black screen was displayed in the upgradeable garage instead of the garage interior textures
- Fixed a bug where crash encountered when entering the upgradable garage on created map
- Fixed a bug where the “isListeningTruckOnly” option was available in Editor
- Fixed a bug where a lot of errors appeared when adding some PBR materials to the map
- Fixed a bug where some errors appeared while loading the list of addons for adding addon to the truck
- Fixed a bug where the error appeared after closing Editor
- Fixed a bug where error appeared while packing the map
- Fixed a bug where the assets list didn’t load after opening the “Select Asset” window
“SnowRunner Editor Guide” was updated:
- “5.7.2. Custom Brushes” section was added. Now you can add your own custom brushes for Distributions (Particularly, the guide contains instructions for adding custom brushes based on existing plant models. Brushes based on custom plant models are not described yet, since adding custom plants is а work in progress and has known issues)
- “22.214.171.124.1. Setting up a Repairable (Upgradeable) Garage” section was modified: we added Step 3 — required option for Terrain that should be enabled in case of the Upgradeable Garage setup
- “126.96.36.199. Custom Prices for Trucks and Upgrades” section was modified: we added 1 Warning and 2 Tips on custom prices of trucks
- “188.8.131.52. Adding Smoke” section was added: we added info on adding smoke to the map using the Model Building Settings pipeline
- “Quick Mod Creation Guide: Adding Trucks” guide was also updated and refactored, particularly its part about uploading of the mod.
- Several broken links within the PDF of the Guide were fixed
You’ll be able to buy SnowRunner for the Mac through the Mac App Store, Steam and the Epic Games Store. In the meantime, you can also purchase it for the PC through the Epic Games store, Steam or the Microsoft Store as a digital download.
You can also find it on the Microsoft Store for the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X|S, the Nintendo eShop for Switch, and the PlayStation Store for the PS4 and the PS5. For physical editions, you can find SnowRunner on Amazon.
And why not check out the latest Snowrunner news, updates and mods, here. Or check out the full official SnowRunner truck list, here.