If you enjoy car football, it’s time to get back into boosts, flips and goals as Rocket League Season 11 starts with the V2.28 update, a new car and arena, plus the Birthday Ball Limited Time Event coming in the Summer.
The biggest change to the core game is that transparent goalposts are now permanently enabled for all players across all platforms. So you won’t have anything blocking your view and preventing you from making a tackle or save.
Then there’s the new Nissan Siliva, which can be acquired through the Premium Rocket Pass, and upgraded by going through the levels to achieve the RLE version with a hood scoop, carbon fibre parts, a big rear wing and RLE wheels. The model uses the Hybrid hitbox, and it’s always fun to have real world cars appearing in Rocket League.
And a new Estadio Vida Arena has also been made available, set in a seaside resort which looks nice enough.
Rocket League Patch Notes Season 11:
- Season 11 Rocket Pass, featuring the Nissan Silvia, has begun!
- The Nissan Silvia uses the Hybrid hitbox
- Season 11 Tournaments are now available
- Any unspent Season 10 Tournament Credits automatically convert into rewards
- Tournament Credits convert to the highest level reward you are capable of earning based on your Tournament Rank and the amount of Tournament Credits you have remaining
- Every player who played in at least one tournament this season will receive one All-Star Cup
- New Tournament Reward items have been added
- Season 11 Stage 1 Challenges are live
- Season 11 Competitive has started
- Similar to previous seasons, a soft reset has been applied to all Competitive Playlists
- Season reset formula has been updated to mitigate rank drift across all playlists
- The new Arena ‘Estadio Vida’ is now available in Online Matches
Season 10 Competitive Rewards
- Season 10 Reward Items and Titles will be awarded according to your highest Rank achieved during the season, and successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.
- Season 10 Rewards are non-tradable Toppers and Trails
- Bronze I or higher: S10 – Bronze Trail and Topper
- Silver I or higher: S10 – Silver Trail and Topper + lower rewards
- Gold I or higher: S10 – Gold Trail and Topper + lower rewards
- Platinum I or higher: S10 – Platinum Trail and Topper + lower rewards
- Diamond I or higher: S10 – Diamond Trail and Topper + lower rewards
- Champion I or higher: S10 – Champion Trail and Topper + lower rewards
- Grand Champion I: S10 – Grand Champion Trail and Topper + lower rewards
- Supersonic Legend: S10 – Supersonic Legend Trail and Topper + lower rewards
- Grand Champion Titles (in Crimson text)
- Competitive Grand Champion: ‘S10 GRAND CHAMPION’
- Rumble Grand Champion: ‘S10 RNG CHAMP’
- Hoops Grand Champion: ‘S10 DUNK MASTER’
- Snow Day Grand Champion: ‘S10 BLIZZARD WIZARD’
- Dropshot Grand Champion: ‘S10 FLOOR DESTROYER’
- Supersonic Legend Titles (in Titanium White text)
- Competitive Supersonic Legend: ‘S10 SUPERSONIC LEGEND’
- Rumble Supersonic Legend: ‘S10 RNGENIUS’
- Hoops Supersonic Legend: ‘S10 LEGENDARY BALLER’
- Snow Day Supersonic Legend: ‘S10 ICE TITAN’
- Dropshot Supersonic Legend: ‘S10 TILE ANNIHILATOR’
Rocket League Update v2.28 Patch Notes:
- Estadio Vida is now available to play in Private Matches, Training, and Free Play
Rocket League Radio
- Added a new “Esports” Playlist
- This new playlist will host all current and future Rocket League Radio tracks associated with the RLCS.
- Included tracks:
- Athena & smle – “Moment”
- Athena, smle & Isaac App – “Moment (Worlds Version)”
- Koven – “All We Needed”
- Hoaprox & YUAN – “Savior (feat. Haneri)”
- OddKidOut – “CODES (feat. Macntaj)”
- Isaac App – “Fall (Clean)”
CHANGES AND UPDATES
- Starting with v2.28, Transparent Goalposts are permanently enabled for all players on all platforms
- Some arenas have elements outside of the team’s goals that are connected to the Transparent Goalposts setting (example: the wall fence posts on Farmstead).
- With the setting now permanently on, these elements will no longer block a player’s view when driving on or near a wall.
- The “Transparent Goalposts” checkbox has been removed from Settings -> Video
Item Shop Notifications
- When notable or new items are live in the Item Shop, a new notification will sometimes appear at the top of the main menu.
- These notifications are enabled by default, and you can toggle them off and on in Settings -> Interface with the “Item Shop Notifications” box.
- Fixed cosmetic bugs:
- Hakkaa Decal for Octane (color adjustment)
- Huntress Decal (brightness and gloss fixes)
- Painted X-Devil and Takumi RX-T Car Bodies (trim appearance when using certain Decals
- Hanasha JRL: Multichrome Wheels (fixed appearance while in motion)
- Performed an optimization pass on Sovereign Heights and Deadeye Canyon (Oasis)
- Fixed an issue for PS4/Xbox where the game would freeze at the opening splash-screen for some players
- Fixed an issue where some players will load the game to a blank UI with no main menu screen
- Fixed a bug where a player may rarely become stuck in spectator mode
- [Xbox] Fixed a bug where hitting the select button to type causes the game to soft lock
- Fixed a bug preventing the Palm Tree Topper from appearing in player inventories
You can keep up with all the latest Rocket League news, events and coverage, here. Rocket League became free-to-play in 2020, and is available for the PC via the Epic Store, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S via the Microsoft Store, the PS4 and PS5 via the PlayStation Store, and the Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop