You don’t expect major changes towards the end of an official season, but there are some important tweaks to note with iRacing 2023 Season 4 Patch 4 released.
The main updates have been for the New Damage Model, as it applies to the GTP Class, NASCAR Next Gen, and the Ferrari 296 GT3, which means some parts will break more easily and others will stand up to damage a little more.
iRacing 2023 Season 4 Patch 4 Release Notes:
The spotter messages for cars moving to pass you (“Faster coming up quick” and “Group of faster cars approaching”) now only play for cars that are in a faster car class than the player car.
- Spotter – Foreign Language
The Renzo A Olivieri Italian Spotter pack has been updated.
A link to an iRacing guide for setting up triple monitors has been added to the appropriate section of the Options screen (Guide: https://iracing.com/triples).
<Car Class> GTP Class Cars
- A New Damage Model tuning pass has been completed, which increases the break limits of the rear and rear wing panels.
<Car Class> NASCAR Cup Series Next Gen Cars
- A New Damage Model tuning pass has been completed on these cars:
- – – Lowered the break limits for the nose, front fenders, and rear.
- – – Increased the break limits for the rear hood mounts.
- – – Lowered the stiffness for the rear hood mounts.
- iRacing setups have been updated.
ARCA Menards Chevy / Gen 4 Cup
- Fixed an issue where the brake bias knob was rotating incorrectly when viewing opponent cars.
Ferrari 296 GT3
- A New Damage Model tuning pass has been completed on this car:
- – – Increased the yield and break limits for mirrors, nose, and rear mounts.
- – – Side panels have been strengthened.
- – – An additional mount has been added for the front splitter and the rear diffuser.
Kern County Raceway Park
- (Dirt Track) – Fixed an issue where driving on some overlapping areas of the Dirt Mini Oval were triggering cautions.
You can sign up to iRacing, here (and credit your referral to ORD, which we’d appreciate!). And see all vehicles included in your basic subscription, or what you can access by paying more, in our full official iRacing car list, here.