If you’re planning to buy a new racing game, then you probably want to know you’ll have people to race against online. Hence why we’re starting a new feature to list the best selling racing games and give you an idea which ones could be worth looking at:
- Gran Turismo 5 (PS3). – £36.99 – Release date Nov 2, 2010
- Formula 1 2010 (PS3). -£36.99 – Release date Sep 24, 2010.
- Mario Kart DS (Nintendo DS). – £16.99
- Gran Turismo 5 – Collector’s Edition (PS3) – £59.99. Release date November 2, 2010.
- Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii) – £27.49.
- Formula 1 2010 (Xbox) – £37.91 – Release date Sep 24,2010.
- Forza Motorsport 3 (Xbox) – £12.99
So it looks like the Playstation 3 racers are not only excited about Gran Turismo, but also buying quite a lot more pre-orders of Formula 1 2010. This could show there’s more hardcore racers waiting for a great game on the PS3, or it could just be that Xbox owners are happy enough with Forza (Which is a bargain for £12.99).
But the signs are good for Formula 1 to mix it with the main racing brand for each console platform.
Racing games are a lot lower down the wishlist across the pond:
- MarioKart DS (Nintendo DS) $23.98
- MarioKart Wii with Wii Wheel (Wii) $49.99.
- Official Nintendo Wii Wheel $9.96
- Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) $59.99 Release November 2, 2010
- Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition (PS3) $99.99
What’s interesting is that the standard edition of Gran Turismo 5 is number 13 in the Amazon UK charts, compared with number 92 in the U.S. Looks like the Europeans might have an edge when the game is released in November?
(Only kidding 😉 )