Last updated on May 11th, 2020 at 03:47 pm
It’s taken a couple of weeks to catch up with American Truck Simulator, but SCS Software and truck fans can celebrate with Euro Truck Simulator 2 update 1.37 released now.
As with ATS, the 1.37 update brings the FMOD sound engine to the game, along with opening windows for your truck. And the ability to walk around your vehicle on foot in the service and vehicle browser to make the most of your customisation.
And also matching the U.S haulage options are the addition of food tank trailers.
So what’s uniquely European, with Euro Truck Simulator Update 1.37 released? Well, four French cities have received an overhaul, with Metz, Reims, Strasbourg and Dijon all having reworked roads and surroundings to make them more up to date.
And to celebrate the fact that Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and American Truck Simulator) support the ASUS Auro range of RGB hardware, there’s a special ASUS ROG paint scheme available for the Mercedes-Benz New Actros via the ETS2 Steam Workshop page.
Euro Truck Simulator Update 1.37 Changelog:
- 4 French cities reskinned.
- Food tank trailer (ownable)
- Food tank (ownable) for Schwarzmüller DLC
- FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
- Openable windows on all trucks (featuring FMOD)
- AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
- Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
- Added technical inspection of vehicles on mandatory weigh stations (illegal trailer, damaged vehicle).
- Added progressive speeding fines.
- Updated hi-res loading screen pictures
- Colour feedback support for ASUS ROG Strix (ASUS Aura Ready)
TOBII EYE TRACKING
- Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
- Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
- Settings hotkey visibility in UI
- Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
- Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
- Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
- AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)
If you’re excited with Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.37 released, then you can update via your Steam client. Just make sure you’ve opted out of any beta branches, and be aware that some mods may not work with the latest version.