The Red Bull Homestretch Pro GT Sport Series begins from 4pm UTC on May 14th, 2020, for six weeks of a slightly different approach to a virtual motorsport series.
Rather than being a straight racing simulation, Red Bull is going for a more playful approach with professional drivers from a range of disciplines competing with celebrities and atheletes. The driver line-up will change each week, and those in the first event are:
- Ken Roczen – Motocross and supercross
- Jared Goff – American Football quarterback for the LA Rams
- Kris Bryant – Third baseman for the Chicago Cubs in Major League Baseball
- Timmy Hansen – Rallycross
- Sebastien Loeb – Rallying, Rallycross, WTCC
- Alexander Rossi – Indycar
- James Hinchcliffe – Indycar
- Travis Pastrana – MX, Rallycross, NASCAR, X Games
- Bryce Menzies – Off road and Rally
- Scott Speed – F1, NASCAR, Rallycross
So multiple world champions and legends, alongside some top professional racing drivers, star athletes and celebrities…
To even things up, there will be an hour of racing with three different events covering different discplines. Banter and trash talking is encouraged, and to liven things up quick rule changes and requirements will be applied during the races.
Commentating will be the GT Sport voice of Tom Brooks. And it’ll be interesting to see how a fun, playful, Red Bull series compares to the generally more seriously intended virtual motorsport series we’ve seen so far.
As a taster, Red Bull has released a video of Scott Speed helping Kris Byrant and Jared Goff get up to speed in GT Sport and sim racing.
As the Red Bull Homestretch Pro GT Sport Series begins, you’ll be able to watch on Youtube, Red Bull TV and Twitch. And we’ve helpfully embedded the Youtube livestream below.
Keep up with the latest GT Sport news, updates and eSports here. And you can check out the full Gran Turismo Sport car list, here, or the complete Gran Turismo Sport track list. And all our eSports coverage across every sim racing platform can be found here.
Leave a Reply