There are some more tweaks and changes coming to mainly Group 5 cars with RaceRoom Update 0.9.0.962 released to download now. And it should also stop yellow flags from appearing so often if cones or parts of cars end up on the circuit.
It’s good to see Sector3 Studios continuing to tweak some of my favourites in game, as the retro selection are some of the best examples in racing sims. And they’ve definitely been productive recently, with one big update and two smaller patches in May, along with new cars, tracks and liveries.
It really feels like the game development side of sim racing has kicked up a notch to make the most of the current higher level of public interest in virtual motorsport. And without some of the issues that have dogged the celebrity and pro eSports side of things.
RaceRoom Update 0.9.0.962 Patch Notes:
Download size = ca. 300 MB
Client version = 0.9.0.962
Client BuildID = 5119498
Dedi version = 63.0.1125
Dedi BuildID = 5118911
- Fixed a case where yellow flags could sometimes get triggered from cones and car parts on the track.
- Added various liveries for upcoming competition
- Audi TT RS VLN – Tuned damper rates, reduced ARB rates
- Formula RaceRoom 90 – Rescaled high and low speed damper rates
- Group 5 – Updated default gear ratios. Improved initial grip of the tyres when they’re brand new. Slightly reduced tyre heating.
- Group 5 – Zakspeed Capri – Reduced rear spring adjustment range
- Group 5 – Greenwood Corvette – Tweaks to default car setup: balanced dampers, reduced front/rear damping speed split. Adjusted torque curve at low RPM.
- GTR 4 – Equalised damping rates across the cars. Faster gear change timings. Slightly reduced tyre heating. Fixed Lotus’ rear suspension bump steer.
- Pagani Zonda R – Fixed AI having weaker brakes than player. Updated drivetrain oscillations, gearchange timings and differential.
- Slovakiaring – Fixed AI’s not respecting the white line at pit exit.
RaceRoom Racing Experience is free to download and play on the PC via Steam. It includes a selection of cars and tracks for multiplayer, and you only pay for additions, or to enter selected premium competitions.
You can see all the latest RaceRoom news, here. Along with all the free and paid content in the RaceRoom car list and RaceRoom track list.
Leave a Reply