Codemasters are keeping up with a changing Formula One Season and improving their racing game as F1 2020 patch 1.09 includes livery updates and other improvements as previously promised.
The notable tweaks include allowing you to use multiplayer cars in split-screen and time trials and the option to hold a button to deploy ERS rather than toggling it on and off. Plus the slightly ironic ‘performance issue while the Safety Car is on the track’, considering the real F1 championship had a more noticeable performance issue with the safety car at Mugello last weekend.
F1 2020 Patch 1.09 Change Log:
- The Multiplayer car is now available to use in split-screen and Time Trial.
- Option added so players can engage ERS by holding the button.
- Fixed a soft lock for some users where a contract negotiation would not occur correctly.
- A performance issue while the Safety Car is on the track has been addressed.
- Sponsors now correctly appear on the player’s car during Weekly Events.
- Customisation sliders now show values to allow easier editing.
- Badge emblems can now be resized.
- Time Trial now has an option to view a replay of the fastest lap in the session.
- In Split Screen AI opponent numbers can now be customised.
- Players are no longer briefly displayed in the wrong position at the end of a qualifying or race session.
- Pit stop information has been added to the Race Director.
- The Multi-Function Display (MFD) can now be enabled in Cockpit view.
- LAN names will now be correctly used during LAN game sessions.
Sports update changes:
- Gulf and various sponsors added
- #WeRaceAsOne rainbow livery added
- Additional sponsors and logo placements
- Replaced Racing Point nose logo with We Race As One version
- Added 50 Years Sauber branding
- Added sponsors, Twitter handle and #WeRaceAsOne to halo
- #WeRaceAsOne branding added to front wing
- Updated Citrix logo next to driver’s head and nose stack
- Added #WeRaceAsOne to halo arms and nose
- HP, Vitality and other sponsors added
- “Thank You NHS” logo added to the top of the halo
- Updated nose sponsor stack
- Updated shark fin
F1 2020 Patch 1.09 is out now for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game, and will arrive for the Google Stadia edition shortly.
Don’t own the game yet? F1 2020 is available for the PC on Steam, the Xbox One on the Microsoft Store, the PS4 on the PlayStation Store, and the Google Stadia. And you can order physical copies from Game and Amazon.