A wide range of bugs have been squashed with the F1 2020 Version 1.13 update released by Codemasters, covering Career, Multiplayer, and My Team modes.
Some new features have also been introduced, including allowing you to choose your commentary language. Penalties now show on your HUD, and the customisable car now has 11 sponsor slots.
It follows the last update at the end of October 2020, which brought new livery updates and a big balance of power change for Racing Point and all the teams using Ferrari engines.
The update is available now to download for the PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Google Stadia versions of the game.
F1 2020 Version 1.13 Update Patch Notes:
- Added an option to allow the player to choose their preferred commentary language.
- Penalties are now shown on the HUD (both in-race and spectator mode).
- The customisable car now has 11 slots for sponsor decals.
- Fixed an issue that meant the player could not sign Lewis Hamilton despite meeting all the requirements.
- Fixed an issue that caused Facilities to reset.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Facilities progress bar to disappear.
- Fixed an issue that could cause teams to drop their number 1 driver if the player signs for them.
- Fixed an issue that caused blue flags to disappear after using a Mid-Session Save.
- Changes have been made to reduce the chance of being disconnected from a game session.
- Fixed an issue that caused a host with a slow connection to start the race before other players.
- Fixed an issue in Weekly Events that caused all players to exit the session after a host migration.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when skipping through cut scenes after retiring from a Weekly Event qualifying session.
- Fixed an issue in Leagues that caused results to not submit following the completion of a session.
- Fixed an issue where camera functionality would be restricted when re-joining an online session.
- Added countdown lights when taking control of your car on track after re-joining a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue that caused the AI to have unrealistic lap times following a host migration.
- Fixed an issue in spectator mode that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.
- The Race Director will now correctly show the tyre used to set a lap time in practice sessions.
- Players will no longer receive a corner-cutting warning when entering the pits at Circuit Zandvoort when using strict corner cutting rules.
- Fixed an issue where players could get illegal overtake penalties under the safety car/VSC when giving a position back.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the player to gain a time advantage at the end of a VSC period.
- Fixed an issue that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.
Don’t own the game yet? F1 2020 is available for the PC on Steam, the Xbox One on the Microsoft Store, the PS4 on the PlayStation Store, and the Google Stadia. And you can order physical copies from Game and Amazon.