The pace of updates from sim racing developers is usually a pretty frantic one, so it’s seemed relatively quiet when Kunos Simulazioni have spent a couple of weeks without an update appearing. But things are back with the 228.51Mb Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix V1.7.6 released for the PC version of the GT3 and GT4 sim.
Much of the hotfix is dedicated to minor 2020 GT3 and GT4 car balancing tweaks, and some UI changes. So you might notice changes to your favourite cars at certain track categories. And importantly, the over-eager flag marshal at Paul Ricard won’t be waving the checkers too early in future.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix V1.7.6 Changelog:
- Shared memory: added currentTyreSet and strategyTyreSet.
- Capped tick frequency of automatic setup system to avoid unwanted oscillation at very high tick rates.
- Corrected occasional inconsistent camber conversion of default 2019 setup presets when loaded on 2020 track versions.
- Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT3 cars and track categories (all 2020, unless IGT or BrGT):
Honda NSX GT3 Evo at EU D
McLaren 720S GT3 at EU C and BrGT B
Lexus RC F GT3 at BrGT B and IGT E
BMW M6 GT3 at BrGT B and D
Bentley Continental GT3 at BrGT B
Audi R8 GT3 Evo at EU A and EU C
- Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT4 cars:
AMR Vantage GT4 at EU D
KTM XBOW GT4 at EU B, C, D2 and D3
Ginetta G55 GT4 at BrGT B
Alpine A110 GT4 at BrGT B
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R at BrGT B and D
- Eliminated rare interference of the Logitech Trueforce implementation with AI controller.
- Fixed checkered flag marshal at Paul Ricard waving flag prematurely at race finish.
- Race comm – adjusted strategy alert threshold for being on the wrong tyre compound.
- Added more race length options and combinations to custom race weekend mode.
- Fixed AI slider being mixed up in championship settings.
- BOP category indicator on garage screen made visible in Single Player sessions.
- MFD – removed driver autoselect feature in Multiplayer driver swap sessions.
- Tweaked DirectInput repeat-when-button-held activation timing in UI navigation.
- Tweaked HUD hiding/showing/cycling behaviour, fixed initial display of available HUD lists not populating.
- Replay – quickly hide control panel when clicking on empty screen area, do not pop up control panel when using the standings widget.
- Added British GT windshield banner options for custom cars.
- Fixed British GT numberplate layout incompatibility with the Mclaren 570S custom liveries.
- Minor graphical fixes on the Porsche Cup car.
There’s no news yet whether any of the changes will be rolled into the next Assetto Corsa Console edition update as we wait for the release of the British GT Pack for the Xbox and PlayStation sim racers in late Spring
If you want to keep up with all the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione news and updates for PC and console editions, it’s all right here. Along with every piece of content available in our full Assetto Corsa Competizione Car List, and Assetto Corsa Competizione Track List.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available as a digital download for the PC via Steam, the Xbox One via the Microsoft Store and the PS4 via the PlayStation Store. Or as a physical edition from Game or Amazon.