The free DIRT 5 Red Bull Revolution update adds crossplay for matchmaking and a range of energy drink related liveries, as well as some new content and features. It’s available to download now for the PC, Xbox and PlayStation, with the Google Stadia update coming soon.
The cross-platform matchmaking is a big part of the DIRT 5 Red Bull Revolution update, and will be available for PC, Xbox and PlayStation racers, but you’ll need to make sure all racers in your party have it enabled. If you prefer racing along, ghost lap times are also included, allowing you to race against the global fastest lap or closest to your own time, your personal best, or the closest efforts from your friends.
Given that the free update is named for Red Bull, it’s not surprising that there are plenty of appropriate new liveries. These include new designs for the Audi S1 EKS RX quattro, MINI John Cooper Works Buggy by X-raid, Peugeot 3008 DKR Maxi and Volkswagen Race Touareg 3, plus an official Red Bull Racing Esports livery for the Porsche 911 RGT and three options for the Peugeot 208 WRX. These include the FIA World Rallycross Championship liveries of both Timmy and Kevin Hansen.
You can also include the Red Bull arch in Playgrounds if you’re designing some racing arenas.
Also added to Playgrounds are wet and stormy conditions which are available for all arenas in Arizona, South Africa and Italy. Handy if you enjoy driving rain, lightning and low grip surfaces…
DIRT 5 Red Bull Revolution Update 4.03 Change Notes:
CONTENT & FEATURES
- Official Red Bull liveries – eight liveries for multiple cars
- Cross-platform matchmaking – available in Online Public lobbies for races and party events
- Red Bull arch added to Playgrounds Create mode
- Wet and stormy weather conditions added for all Playgrounds locations
- Ghost lap time options added to Time Trial and Gate Crasher events
- Stats stickers – new Driver Card stickers available for reaching progression milestones
- Chinese and Korean Localisation added
- Further fixes for crashes on Xbox One/Xbox One S, particularly on Ice Breaker events
- Fixed crash occurrences when scrolling through rewards for specific sponsors
- Fixed instances of crashes when attempting to select ‘Wireless Controller’ from the Input Settings
- Fixed crash occurrence when backing out of Photo Mode shortly after changing weather conditions
- Further checks and balances for currency payouts across multiple game modes
- PC: Fixed instances of driver animations not appearing in cockpit cam
- PC: Fixed instances of raytraced shadows appearing incorrectly
- PC: Further fixes for instances of crashes, particularly when using a Nvidia 3090 graphics card
- PC: Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 no longer defaults to a pedal preset and saves user-selected data
- PC: User-selected wheel rim presets are now stored in save data, meaning players no longer have to reselect a preset every time they boot the game
- The ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ controls on a d-pad are no longer locked to changing camera view, and can be bound to different actions by the player
- Xbox One: Fixed crash occurrence when signing out of a player profile whilst in Playgrounds
- PS5: Fixed crash occurrence in Playgrounds when a player deletes their only published Playground
- PS5: Fixed softlock occurrences when selecting ‘Show More’ in Playgrounds Discover mode
- Various visual and technical tweaks and updates across the board to improve game performance and quality of life