When you release a major update to any sim racing title, it’s going to need some follow-ups as your code gets implemented by thousands of different drivers, each with their own computer and race set-up. And that’s the case with two new RaceRoom hotfixes released by Sector 3 Studios within a week of the June 2021 revision of force feedback and lots more.
It’s surprising how small the the changelogs are, if anything. Besides some initial issues with specific wheelbases reporting no force feedback, everything else is pretty much tweaking areas including menus, typos in language translations, and making it more likely that you’ll see AI cars produce sparks when they come into contact with the tarmac and kerbs.
RaceRoom Hotfix 0.9.3.008 Release Notes
- Download size = 100MB
- Client version = 0.9.3.008
- Client BuildID = 6925412
- FFB – Stationary friction effect now fully turns off when it is set to 0%
- FFB – Fixed reports of “no FFB” for some wheelbases. Users experiencing no FFB should try to reset to the default profile for their wheelbase after this update.
- Possible fix for an issue spotted at the end of race session where cars could be seen shooting into the air.
- Menus – Added icon helpers to garage menu buttons
- Menus – Disabled jumping to keys when pressed in keybinds as a temporary fix for pedal signal jitters registered sometimes at the same time as buttons
- Menus – Fixed a typo in German localization for “Geist anzeigen”
- DTM 2020 – Tweaks to differential
- Group C – Tweaks to differential
- Porsche 911 RSR GTE – Fixed a decal on the seat that would still be rendered while the seat itself was disabled in visual settings.
RaceRoom Hotfix 0.9.3.10 Release Notes
- Download size = 200MB
- Client version = 0.9.3.010
- Client BuildID = 6937443
- FFB – tied engine vibration effect to engine inertia, so electric cars get almost zero while a big V8 gets more
- Menu – Added a cockpit camera pitch control in the FOV section
- Menu – Added possibility to also unpause by pressing the Pause control again
- Menu – Hidden the Gamepad rumble toggle if current controller is not a gamepad
- Menu – Hidden the Triple Screen setup menu while in VR
- Menu – The Options menu now remembers the last used tab
- Menu – Add background to garage menu in VR as the panning cameras were reported as inducing motion sickness. We will make those intro cameras static in a future update
- Menu – Added FFB Meter and FFB Multipliers binds to FFB options page
- Menu – Re-enabled “jump to bind” feature when a button is pressed but we now ignore most common axis binds to prevent sudden jumps reported on some controllers
- Possible fix for some AI’s seen jumping in certain occasions
- Localization – Fixed german localization for “Geist anzeigen”
- Hockenheim – Fixed the outside curb of the stadium entrance that had a lost polygon of surface material shooting cars into space
- Sparks – Made sparks coming from AI’s more likely to occur for FR90, DTM 2020, P1, P2, Group 5, Group C, FR-J, FR-2, FR-3
You can download Raceroom Racing Experience on the PC for free via Steam. Some additional content is available via Steam, but everything can be purchased via the official game store. And you can now try out paid DLC cars before you buy them on any of the free circuits.
Keep up with all the latest RaceRoom news, updates and eSports articles, here. And check everything available for free and via paid DLC with our RaceRoom car list, and RaceRoom track list.