The latest of a series of minor patches arrives with BeamNG.drive update v.0.23.5 released. It’s a fairly compact 23MB download, following on from the big release of v.0.23 at the start of July.
But it still has some useful fixes, along with improvements to the world editor and replay system. Which will be good for video creators, or anyone wanting to share their best moments.
Some of the bugs now solved include audio files not being accessible, traffic respawning, and ScriptAI not moving.
BeamNG.drive Update v0.23.5 Release Notes:
- Fixed an issue where audio files from content/audio.zip were not accessible in-game
- Fixed crash while exporting performance graph data to JSON
- Migration will no longer be performed if this is the first run of the game
- Fixed an issue with scriptAI not moving
- Fixed materials when using UV1 on normal maps
- Fixed material’s UV animations
- Fixed traffic respawning when a bus route is restarted
- Fixed vehicles sometimes being invisible when playing back replays after a game restart
- Fixed some replays not working when they had been recorded in certain mod maps
- Slightly improved logging of the replay system
- Decal Road Editor
- Fixed some road materials not showing up in the inspector
- Fixed an issue where duplicating a road in the object tool makes it unselectable in the road editor
- Disabled regeneration of all decal roads on exit to make exiting faster
- Improved performance of road editing when the “overObjects” field is set
- Forest Editor
- Fixed newly created forest item meshes not being saved
- Added copy, paste and duplicate to the forest editor
- Deselect forest brush when switching to “select item” mode
- Terrain Editor
- Fixed reload of terrain materials when saving changes to materials
- Object Tool
- Improved performance of the object tool by disabling constant “hovered object detection”
You can buy BeamNG.drive for the PC via Steam, or through Humble Bundle. Keep up with all our latest BeamNG.drive news and coverage, here. Or check out our full BeamNG.drive car list for all the officially released vehicles for the game.