Arriving for September 2021, a new Wreckfest Folk Frenzy Tournament begins, alongside an update across the PC, PlayStation and Xbox versions of the game. New content includes two layouts for Firwood Motocenter, with a Rally circuit and a reverse version, along with a retro racing Firefly reward bundle.
On the downside, the update also removes the Carmageddon content which was released in August. And the video promoting the zombie mode has also disappeared from the official THQ Nordic Youtube account, which is a little odd considering they acquired the license to the franchise.
Either way, there are also a number of fixes and improvements, including for multiplayer on the PC, which is definitely welcome, along with the Wardigger being able to withstand more damage, and putting cars into 1st gear automatically when you rest your vehicle.
Wreckfest Folk Frenzy Tournament Update Release Notes:
- PC: 1.279242
- PS5: 1.013.000
- PS4: 2.13
- XB1/XSX/XSS: 220.127.116.11
- New Firwood Motocenter routes: Rally Circuit and Rally Circuit Reverse.
(Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are mixed7_r2 and mixed7_r2_rev)
- Zombies and related effects were removed.
- New tournament season: Folk Frenzy
- New free tournament reward bundle for Firefly.
- Bright specs no longer appear on surfaces with decals.
- Missing textures are now longer displayed on Bleak City demolition derby arena.
- (PC) Game data verification is faster.
- (PC) Game input is now disabled and game paused when Steam overlay is opened.
- (PC) Changing MSAA setting no longer requires restarting the game.
- (PS5) Tournament fame points are now transferred correctly during save data migration.
- When using manual gears, 1st gear is now automatically engaged after resetting.
- Minimap is now displayed correctly during tournament events.
- On large levels, player tags are now displayed from a further distance.
- Bogus wheel damage notification is no longer occasionally displayed at event start.
- Trooper vehicle name is now displayed correctly in the purchase prompt.
- Speedie driver model is now displayed correctly at all LOD levels.
- Killerbee’s stock rear spoiler now gets dirty.
- Wardigger can now endure more damage.
- (PC) Improved client performance.
- (PC) Server no longer leaks memory.
- (PC) In-game hosting with the client works again.
- (PC) The ping shown in-game now matches the real ping more closely.
- (PC) Client SteamID is shown when client is connected and disconnected.
- (PC) Server message is now displayed correctly.
- (PC) Setting the server password now works properly.
- A specific message is displayed when client is kicked due to idling.
- Tristar: Fixed rpm redline issue that could cause sound to stutter if the car is tuned to use shortest gear ratio.
- In-Game: Fixed issue with Carmageddon start countdown where pausing game during countdown would reset the audio count.
Keep up with all the latest Wreckfest news, updates and content, right here. And you can see all the vehicles officially available in the game, from motorised toilets to trucks, with our Wreckfest Car List.