Codemasters have released a sizeable update as F1 2021 Patch 1.12 adds Imola and multiple bug fixes, along with the special Red Bull livery used for the 2021 Turkish Grand Prix.
The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari returned to the F1 calendar in 2020 for the first time since 2006, and the home venue of Scuderia Ferrari has been holding a variety of series on two and four wheels since 1953. The first Formula One race took place in 1963, and it hosted the 1980 Italian GP, as well as events under the San Marino and Emilia Romagna names. Sadly it’s also known for the fatal accidents of Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, which led to significant changes to the layout at the Tamburello and Villeneuve corners.
The 2020 race was won by Lewis Hamilton, with Max Verstappen taking the win in 2021. And you can also now use the special Honda tribute livery used by Verstappen and team-mate Sergio Perez for the 2021 Turkish GP (available until November 15th, 2021).
Other notable updates include support for the CSL DD wheel base, and a variety of bugs including an issue where your customisation could see you locked as Carlos Sainz.
“Last month’s response to Portimao was overwhelmingly positive, and we know our players are going to love racing at Imola,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Senior Franchise Director at Codemasters. “We’re also thrilled that Red Bull chose F1® 2021 to help reveal their bespoke Turkish Grand Prix livery. Our studio prides itself on creating the most authentic experience possible and these special touches reenforces how closely the game is embedded into the world of Formula 1.”
The addition of Imola follows Portimao, which arrived in Patch 1.10. And the third free circuit, Jeddah, should be released in November.
F1 2021 Patch 1.12 Change Notes:
- Imola has been added to the game
- Visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
- Esports Pit Release option has been added to multiplayer sessions
- Added support for the Fanatec CSL DD Base
- Added support for AMD FSR and CACAO
- Fixed an issue where the game information received by the host in an online session from a client machine resulted in the following issues: incorrect positional information for other players, stuttering and lag on the host machine, cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane and cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
- Addressed an issue where players would sometimes fail to connect to an online session
- Added a visible timeout to multiplayer sessions so that lobbies will not be unnecessarily held up while loading
- Addressed an issue where the lap counter could appear incorrect for spectators after a formation lap
- Addressed a crash that could occur when entering a weekly event after a network error
- Addressed an issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error
- Portimao and Imola have been added to the Beginner and Experienced Social Play templates
- Addressed a handling exploit in lower speed corners
- Addressed an issue where user’s customisation could be locked as Carlos Sainz
- Addressed an issue where dials could be missing from the Ferrari wheel after adjusting camera settings
- Addressed an issue where users could incorrectly receive a penalty at the end of a Virtual Safety Car period
- Adjusted various kerbs in Bahrain, Monza and China
- Addressed various terrain holes on Bahrain and China
- Addressed an issue where changing shutter speed in Photo Mode could cause the image to be distorted
- Addressed an issue where floor damage could be accumulated on Spa-Francorchamps
- Leaderboard percentage ranking has been re-added to Time Trial
- Made improvements to AI yielding behaviour so they no longer match the player pace when not on a flying lap
- Addressed an issue where resetting camera customisation to default would only apply to TV-Pod camera
- Addressed an issue where it could be difficult to exit the pits in Baku as Williams without crossing the white line on the pit exit
- Addressed an issue where UDP data was not being broadcast on Xbox Series consoles
- Addressed an issue where retiring in the garage could cause a yellow flag incident
- Player will no longer incur a penalty for fitting a new gearbox after a gearbox failure has resulted in retirement from the race
- Addressed an issue where Nvidia DLSS mode could not be changed in some circumstances
- Component changes now correctly take effect when using Quick Practice
- Addressed an issue where fuel mix could be locked on an out lap on certain tracks
- Driver of the Day selection criteria has been updated
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
F1 2021 is available for the PC via Steam, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S via the Microsoft Store, and the PS4 or PS5 via the PlayStation Store. You can also find physical editions available via Game and Amazon. And keep up with all the latest F1 2021 game news, updates and more, here.