Setting all suspension toe angles to the maximum negative amount should no longer give you some free speed and acceleration with Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 1.8.11 released by Kunos Simulazioni.
Until now, it was possible to exploit the negative camber to get an advantage, which obviously wasn’t great for the official game of the GT World Challenge. But while sim racers will already be looking for the next method to get an edge over their rivals, at least this particular example will hopefully now be removed.
Other changes include tweaking the wet set-up for the BMW M4 GT3, updating track limit warnings, and also changing the penalty for missing minimum driver requirements in team races.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 1.8.11 Release Notes:
- Fixed a potential issue with cars in pitlane triggering yellow flags
- Fixed an issue with Hotlap session resetting setup when being restarted from outside the track
- Tyre model fine tuning
- Fixed negative toe acceleration issue
- Fixed BMW M4 GT4 wet setups 0 wing and ducts
- Fixed wet track limits and adjusted thresholds
- Revised erroneous corner exemptions with track limit warnings on a number of tracks
- Missing minimum driving requirement in team races now results in a SG30 rather than a disqualification
- Fixed potential stutters with font cache reloading.
As always, the update should be available to download via Steam for PC sim racers, while the console versions of ACC are on a different release schedule handled by 505 Games.
If you want to keep up with all the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione news and updates for PC and console editions, it’s all right here. Along with every piece of content available in our full Assetto Corsa Competizione Car List, and Assetto Corsa Competizione Track List.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available as a digital download for the PC via Steam, the Xbox One via the Microsoft Store and the PS4 via the PlayStation Store. Or as a physical edition from Game or Amazon. The Xbox Season Pass is available here, and the PS4 Season Pass is here, for £19.99.