Revised driving physics and four new cars headline the latest download with Gran Turismo 7 update V1.25 released by Polyphony Digital. The free patch weights in at 1.06GB for the PS4 and 1.648GB on the PS5, and also adds a new Cafe Menu Book, along with new two new Extra Cafe Menu Books based on your car collection.
The physics changes are most interesting, with adjustments to tyre heat and wear, suspension geometry and more potentially making a noticeable difference to how every car handles.
Gran Turismo 7 Update V1.25 Release Notes:
- The following four new cars have been added:
・Maserati Merak SS ’80 (Purchasable at ‘Legend Cars’);
・Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) ’22
・Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 ’18
・Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) ’73 (Purchasable at ‘Legend Cars’);
2. Brand Central
- New colour variations for the following three cars have been added to the Mazda Showroom, for use in the ‘Mazda Spirit Racing GT Cup 2022,’ an online event only available in Japan:
・Roadster NR-A (ND) ’22
・RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT
- The following Menu Book has been added:
・Menu Book No. 46: ‘Historic Sports Car Masters’ (Collector Level 29 and above);
- The following two Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 10: ‘Collection: Honda NSX’ (Collector Level 36 and above);
・Extra Menu No. 11: ‘Collection: Nissan Silvia’ (Collector Level 26 and above);
The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and having watched the ending.
4. World Circuits
- The following new events have been added to ‘World Circuits’:
・Historic Sports Car Masters
- Nürburgring Nordschleife
- Goodwood Motor Circuit
・Gr.1 Prototype Series
- Fuji Speedway
- Tokyo Expressway – South Clockwise
– The ‘Whitby’ and ‘Autumn Leaves’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Physics Simulation Model
- Adjusted the simulation for tyre heat generation and wear ratio;
- Adjusted the suspension geometry for each car;
- Adjusted the initial values for suspension parts;
- Adjusted the initial values for the Differential Gear (with ‘Fully Customisable LSD’ equipped) on certain cars;
- Adjusted the Performance Points (PP) of some cars;
- Changed the conditions for mechanical damage occurring from a collision or contact if ‘Mechanical Damage’ is set to ‘Light’ or Heavy’ in the Race Settings. As a result, cars are now less likely to sustain damage after hitting a track wall or other obstacles.
2. Steering Controllers
- Adjusted the performance of the wireless controller.
- In Daily Races and Championships, it is now possible to select the Styles of an Event-Specified Car. Please note that while it is possible to open the Car Settings menu on Event-Specified Car with Styles, only the tyres can be changed;
- Added a ‘Points Table’ button to the Quick Menu in Championships events.
4. My Page
- Fixed an issue wherein achieving All Bronze or All Gold in Licence Tests, Missions, and Circuit Experiences would cause the milestone to show up multiple times.
5. Custom Race
- Rival cars selected via ‘Rivals Settings’ > ‘Rivals Selection’ > ‘Select from Garage’ will now use the appropriate tyres as per the Race Settings, regardless of whether you own the tyres for that car.
- Fixed various text localisation issues.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Keep up all the latest news on Gran Turismo 7 or check out the latest reveals in our Gran Turismo 7 car list and the Gran Turismo 7 track list. You can obviously buy Gran Turismo 7 from the PlayStation Store or pick up physical copies from retailers including Game and Amazon.