General changes and new DLC have been delivered by Kunos Simulazioni as both Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 and the GT2 Pack arrive.
The update for all owners of the sim racing title includes a general revision of the balance of performance (BoP) across the GT3 and GT4 classes. There aren’t any further details, so you may need to experiment to find which cars have benefitted.
But the main focus is to add the GT2 class as a season, and into custom races and multiplayer for those who invest in the new DLC pack, which costs £14.99 and includes the Red Bull Ring as well as six new cars.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Update v1.9.6 Release Notes
- Added Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe 2023 season as bonus content with all entries, liveries, drivers and championship season.
NOTE: certain entries may be subject to DLC ownership.
NOTE: as with any major update, game menu settings (stored in menuSettings.json) will likely reset on first initialization.
IMPORTANT: reloading of Video presets will likely be necessary.
- Added Fanatec GT2 European Series (2023 season entries) as DLC content.
- Added Red Bull Ring as DLC content.
- Added Audi R8 LMS GT2 as DLC content.
- Added KTM X-BOW GT2 as DLC content.
- Added Mercedes-AMG GT2 as DLC content.
- Added Maserati GT2 as DLC content.
- Added Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport Evo as DLC content.
- Added Porsche 935 as DLC content.
- Added 2023 as unique season available from the Single Player menu.
IMPORTANT: since some of the existing content is now moved into dedicated seasons, some older replays or saved games might not be compatible as a result.
- Added GT2 as unique season (as DLC).
- Added GT2 as class in Open Series custom races and opponent mix categories.
- Added GT2 as class in Multiplayer filters.
- AI cars can now share pit boxes in Single Player.
- General revision of BOP for GT3 and GT4 classes.
- Fixed a potential issue with the AI overloading the physics thread when spawning at session start.
A further Hotfix update V1.97 has been released since the launch of the new DLC content, which has some quick fixes for issues with the Red Bull Ring, and GT2 class.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Update v1.9.7 Release Notes
- Fixed an issue with the visibility of the assist line at the Red Bull Ring.
- Fixed a potential issue of teleporting the player when hitting the pitlane wall directly at the pit entry line.
- Fixed an issue with custom championship modes.
- Fixed GT2 label not appearing correctly in the server lobby.
- Fixed track medal UI stars and stats not updating for the Red Bull Ring.
Assetto Corsa Competizione GT2 Pack DLC Contents:
- Red Bull Ring Circuit
- KTM X-Bow GT2
- Porsche 935
- Maserati MC20 GT2
- Mercedes-AMG GT2
- Audi R8 LMS GT2
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport Evo
As always, the content and updates have arrived for the PC version, but PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S sim racers may have to wait a few weeks or months before the cars, tracks and improvements are rolled out to the console versions of Assetto Corsa Competizione. Development and releases were stopped some time ago for the PS4 and Xbox One editions of the game.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available as a digital download for the PC via Steam, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S via the Microsoft Store, or the PS4 and PS5 via the PlayStation Store. And also as a physical edition from Game or Amazon.