Reiza Studios have finished off August with a long list of tweaks and improvements now available with Automobilista 2 Update V18.104.22.168 released.
The range of changes cover everything from adding broadcast control and spectator screens to multiplayer to updating the trackside adverts at Guapore and introducing exhaust downshift backfires for the Stock Car 2020.
Lots of cars have had slight driving and handling changes, with aero balances moves for the Montana, Scotck Car 2019 and 2020, and an increased operating window for the tyres on the GT, Prototype and Stok Car series. The V12 engine performance has been corrected, there are small adjustments to the centre of gravity and aero for the F-Retros, a bit of Balance of Performance work on the P3 class, nine cars get adjusted rolling resistance, and more.
Automobilista 2 Update V22.214.171.124 Change Notes:
For cars with relevant default setup changes, you’ll need to reset your car to default in case modificiations were made to the prvious default settings, – to reset all setups (autosaved or not) you may opt to delete the contents of Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\123456789\automobilista 2\tuningsetups folder (noting the bold number folder will vary from system to system). You don’t need to delete your entire user profile folder
- Fixed UI issue when creating new Multiplayer game that would prevent selecting a dedicated server when “-selectds” switch is used (allows the first session of a game controlled dedicated server to be created from the client instead of requiring use of the http UI)
- Added broadcast control / spectator screens for Multiplayer sessions
- Adjusted Lobby to support broadcast role assignment
- Updated simulated lap speed logic used in live gap readings & track limit penalty calculations for better consistency
- Slightly increased tolerance for momentarily exceeding pit speed limit
- Altered title/subtitle text behaviour and position to prevent overlap with block elements
- Polished engine sample loops of F-Ultimate. Fixed MRX_P3 engine sound wrong position.
- Adjusted Puma P052 turbo sound volume
- Tweaked engine sound parameters for better bottom end / subwoofer utilization
- Further differential setting adjustments to correctly display available options in setup screen Generally reduced default diff preload values
- Fixed error in parameters for hump mode in viscous differentials
- Increased brake cooling when static
- Reduced heating rate of steel brakes
- Increased operating window of GT, Prototype & Stock Car series tyres
- Moved aero balance for Montana, Stock Car 2019 & 2020 slighly further rearwards
- Adjusted Copa Montana default setup
- Mclaren MP4/12: Reduced extra brake pressure
- Minor increase of pneumatic trail for radial Tyres (vintages, road)
- Reduced AI rolling resistance for F-Classic, F-Vintage, F-V10 G1 tyres to better match player
- Minor BoP balancing for P3 class
- Minor Center of Gravity and aero center of pressure adjustments to F-Retros
- Corrected V12 engine performance for Vintage & Retro series
- Added new differential hump values to all viscous rear diffeential variants
- Generally reduced differential preload values
- Slightly increased AI throttle application range for low to mid powered cars
- Bumped AI low range Strength up (to compensate AI becoming too slow below 100% following recent code updates)
- Reduced AI lateral field speed distance & effect
- Adjusted rolling resistance for F-Vintage, F-Retro, F-Classic, F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza, F-UItimate, F-Trainer & Copa Classic to better match player´s straightline performance
- Minor smoothing of AI lateral movement
- Fixed Hockenheim 1988 TV trackside cameras
- Brands Hatch: Corrected circuit info
- Jerez: Minor optimization pass
- Guapore: Updated trackside ads
- Spielberg Historic: incremental art pass update; adjusted track cut mesh; start trigger to better align with start line
- Added tracklights for Spielberg Historics & Silverstone 2001
- Silverstone: Updated 2020 Intl TV cams
- Silverstone 2001: Added more accurate ad mapping to cement walls, adjusted track cut limits
- Silverstone 1991: Revised track cut limits; Fixed some floating big tents; Adjusted service roads material & texture
- Silverstone 1975: Fixed missing trackside buildings on no-chicane layout
- Snetterton: Fixed crash at race end.
- Oulton Park:fixed pit exit warning bug (track cut); Track cut mesh optimized, add grasscrete runoff, removed apex curbs; Rebuild triggers. Fixed timing bug (Start trigger was not crossing pit lane)
- Kansai: Fixed start trigger not crossing pit lane
- Reimplemented BT26, F-V10, F-V12, F-Reiza & F-Ultimate suspension animations (fixed wheels appearing to float)
- F-Trainer: Fixed RPM LED & bar scaling
- Adjusted F309 Driver animations
- F-Reiza: Adjusted Driver animations
- Adjusted gear shifter animation parameters on F-Retros, M23 and F-Classics
- Fixed driver head position on the F-Classic G3M2
- Added exhaust backfires to Stock Car 2020
- Increased exhaust downshift backfires for SuperV8
- StockCar Corolla -Added damage & dirt maps + deformable mesh
You can keep up with all the latest Automobilista 2 news, updates and DLC here. Or check our everything available already with our Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list.
Automobilista 2 is available on Steam for the PC, along with the Ultimate Edition, the Season Pass bundle and the Silverstone and Hockenheim DLC track packs.