More crashing and smashing from developers Bugbear Entertainment, with a new Wreckfest Reckless car pack and free update. Plus the start of a Wrecknado Tournament, based around a new track of the same name.
We’ll kick off with the update and tournament, as they’re available for free to all players. The Wrecknado Tournament will put you in the new Gorbie, which is part of the Reckless Car Pack DLC, to win a destruction derby. Rewards include a new Taxi Wrecker bundle for the Rammer RS and the Drag 55 for the Bulldog.
The update adds both the Wrecknado Racing Track and the Wrecknado Demolition Arena, and cures a bug where players can get kicked from the middle of an event if you hold down the throttle before the start. Which is handy…
Wreckfest Wrecknado Tournament Update Release Notes:
- PS4: 1.92
- XB1: 18.104.22.168
- Added support for the new DLC pack “Reckless Car Pack” containing three new cars: Blade, Gorbie and Stepvan.
- Added two new tracks: Wrecknado Racing Track and Wrecknado Demolition Arena.
Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are urban09_1 (Racing Track) and urban09_2 (Demolition Arena).
- New tournament season: Wrecknado.
- New taxi cab themed reward bundle “Taxi Wrecker” for Rammer RS.
- New drag racing themed reward bundle “Drag 55” for Bulldog.
- (XB1) Leaderboard updates are now more reliable.
- (XB1) [ROLLING OUT SOON] Leaderboards are displayed for all tracks.
- [XB1/PS4]Added a Team Racing & Derby Mixed server. Be sure to let us know if you like it!
- Player no longer gets kicked mid-event when they start holding down throttle before the event starts.
- (Dedicated Server) Increased admin_steam_ids and op_steam_ids maximum parameter size to 1024 characters.
- Improved Rocket RX handling.
- Improved Sofa Car handling.
- Added the Rocket stock exhaust as an option for Rocket RX.
- A number of small special vehicles no longer receive unexpected amounts of damage.
- Improved Bumper Car performance to make it a Class C vehicle like its peers.
- Upgrade parts now correctly follow the deformed shape of the vehicle.
- Fixed Starbeast SS reversing light glitch.
- Raven steel mesh is now correcly visible in all LOD levels.
- Fixed inconsistent Hornet bumper weights.
- Fixed inconsistent Killerbee S bumper weights.
- Boomer/Boomer RS: Increased RPM safety limit to prevent sounds from cutting of at engine redline in some cases.
- Razor: Adjusted camera-view based audio filtering settings of turbocharger whine to include less high frequency content over mid-to-high engine rpm range.
Wreckfest Reckless Car Pack
Also available now is the new Wreckfest Reckless Car Pack with a trio of new vehicles. It costs the same as all previous DLCs, £3.29, when bought separately. But it’s also part of the Wreckfest Season Pass 2 for £11.24, which also includes the Getaway Car Pack. the Racing Heroes Car Pack and one further DLC pack due out in the future.
The first car from the Reckless Car Pack is the Gorbie, which appears to be a Russian/Eastern European car turned for demolition racing with a distinct engine sound.
Then there’s the 1980s American style muscle car, which has a slight resemblance to the iconic Camaro IROC-Z.
And finally there’s the Stepvan, which needs little introduction as an ice cream truck. But fortunately for the lactose intolerant there are also some alternative paint jobs which ditch the frozen dessert.
This does mark the end of the snow-covered Winter Fest tournament, but the new Wrecknado venue should help to make up for it, along with the new DLC if you’re tempted to buy it individually, or already own the Season Pass 2.
Keep up with all the latest Wreckfest news, updates and content, right here. And you can see all the vehicles officially available in the game, from motorised toilets to trucks, with our Wreckfest Car List.