It’s too soon for the confirmed delay to the release date for Gran Turismo 7 to have had any effect on previous plans to wind down changes for Gran Turismo Sport. So the GT Sport Update 1.63 released now is a fairly small package at 176.8Mb, and mainly features changes for the upcoming FIA Gran Turismo seasons.
But there are some notable changes which will impact all racers. The penalty system will now be more lenient for races with worse internet connections, and the time taken for pit stops seems to have also been increased, which means changing your strategy for Daily Race C.
And there’s also a Balance of Performance change which targets just the Mazda RX-Vision GT3, losing both 4% weight and 3% power, and gaining some new suspension settings. And the brake settings are changed for anyone using a Logitech G923 pedal set.
GT Sport Update 1.63 Release Notes:
Main Features Implemented
- Fixed an issue wherein minor collisions would cause penalties to be issued.
- Adjusted the penalty algorithm so that penalties are issued less frequently when the internet connection environment is poor.
2. Sport Mode
- The number of matchmaking Regions for the Manufacturer Series has been changed from 5 to 3: ‘Europe/Middle East/Africa’, ‘Americas’, and ‘Asia-Oceania’. The Nations Cup will continue to be hosted in 5 Regions. For more details, please refer to the ‘Manufacturer Series Matchmaking Update Notice.’
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– Adjusted the time loss for pit stops on various tracks.
– Adjusted the point of full brake application to be further in than before when using the brake pedals of the Logitech G923 Racing Wheel set.
– Various other issues have been addressed.
With an extra 12 months before Gran Turismo 7 is released in 2022, will we see more updates for GT Sport, and possibly some new content to keep virtual racers entertained?
Keep up with all the latest news on both Gran Turismo 7 and GT Sport. Or check out all the vehicles available in the GT Sport car list, and the Gran Turismo 7 car list. Along with the GT Sport track list, and the Gran Turismo 7 track list.