It’s taken slightly longer than expected, but both Automobilista 2 V220.127.116.11 and Nurburgring Pack DLC are now available. This means you get all the latest improvements, and the physics upgrades for the GT3 and GT4 cars, but the brief change to race the Nurgburgring GP circuit for free is now over.
Reiza Studios had allowed all Automobilista 2 sim racers to experience the track as the Nordschleife element of the planned DLC pack was slightly delayed. But now things are back on schedule, with a historical version of the Nordschleife, and more Nurburgring layouts coming as free updates if you buy the additional content now.
One thing to note is that the physics modifications need you to go into the setup screen and click “Reset to Default” when choosing any of the new GT3 or GT4 cars added in the v18.104.22.168 update.
Automobilista 2 Update 2 V22.214.171.124
- Added Nurburgring Nordschleife layout (Part of the Nurburgring DLC Pack)
- Fixed reverse grid in Championship mode
UI & HUD
- Added Vehicle Selection filters
- Fixed track image anchors on lobby details page
- Fixed ‘Left Monitor Bezel Width Right’ input
- Added Credits screen to UI
- Fixed various missing / incorrect filters for cars & tracks
PHYSICS & FFB
- Fixed coordinate conversion when reading SETA contact patch offset
- Fixed curbs pulling inverse way on cars where steering arms are “behind” steering axis.
- Fixed minor road noise confribution being partially unequally handled on front right wheel
- Fixed issues with Mini FFB using new profile
- Adjusted tire treads for additional longitudinal slip in GT / Stock Car / Prototype tires & adjusted load damping to minimise hysteresis
- Adjusted tire treads for adittional longitudinal slip in rain race tires
- Corrected front tire tread width in GT / Prototypes (305mm / 315mm)
- Adjusted default diff settings & roll bar values for Porsches
- Revised low rev band torque curves & suspension rates for GT cars
- Adjusted Porsche Cayman suspension travel & helper spring deflection length
- Fixed error in main driveline syntax (potentially improves rear differential functionality)
- Corrected Porsche Cup engine power figures to latest specifications; adjusted FFB Max force & CoG height
- Reduced engine inertia in GT3/GT4 cars
- Slightly increased engine inertia for Group A cars
- Reduced engine inertia & spring rate range for Metalmoro MRX (all variants)
- Various weight and engine power adjustments for better BoP accross GT3 / GT4 classes
- Further revised suspension rates on all GT3 / GT4 cars
- Fixed Mercedes AMG GT3 camber range for front wheels
- Minor adjustment to StockCar 2020 CoG height & aero
- Reduced Copa Fusca FFB Max force and raised stactic ride height by 1cm
- Reduced F-Reiza FFB max force
- Further improvements to AI Lateral player avoidance and line selection when side-by-side with players
- Improved AI player avoidance in situations where more than one player is present (MP)
- AI callibration pass for GT / Stock / Prototypes
- Adjusted AI lateral movement smoothing values to minimise aggressive weaving in some types of cars
- Reduced aggression scalars for tintop series
- Porsche GT3-R: Set tranny whine to cutoff sound in neutral; fixed missing onboard sound for AI cars and in replays
- Fixed McLaren 570S GT4 missing sound in Chase view.
- Increased bottoming sound effect for GT3s & GT4s
- Velo Citta: Rebuilt pitlane triggers & adjusted far corridors in pit lane at U-turn (remove corridor over lap, possible source for pit lane DQ issue) calibrated some brake marker spacing/distance (dynamic/static road line markings); Minor performance pass
- Imola: added DRS zones triggers as per latest GP configuration
- Added drone animations to Velocittá, Velopark, VIR
- Fixed rain blockers at VIR
- Adjusted Nurburgring GP TV cameras
- McLaren 720S GT3: added five new liveries; fixed collision mesh bug; Added cockpit vibrations, dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts
- Mclaren 570S GT4: Added dirt / damage effects, dangling damaged parts + new colliders + carbon material fix + carbon material UV mapping fix + mesh changes (Rear bumper/lights); Adjusted cockpit POV so it doesnt clip driver model
- Camaro GT4R – Corrected samll sidewindow material
- Fixed Porsche Cup 4.0 rear tire dimensions
- Added damage, dangling parts & dirt map for Fusca (all variants)
Automobilista 2 Nurburgring Pack DLC
The Nurburgring DLC is now available via Steam for £7.99 and includes the modern Grand Prix layout of the circuit, and the Nordschleife, with both developed using laser scan data.
You currently get the GP layout, the version with the faster Veedol chicane, and the Nordschleife, but other variations of the modern track will be coming very shortly as a free update if you already own the DLC, and in 2021 there will be a historical version also added.
Automobilista 2 is available on Steam for the PC, along with the Ultimate Edition, the Season Pass bundle and the Silverstone and Hockenheim DLC track packs.
You can keep up with all the latest Automobilista 2 news, updates and DLC here. Or check our everything available already with our Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list.